A few notes for this weekend:
1) U9-U10 Sub Rules (all coaches have been sent emails) If you are doing U8, U9, or U10 Recreational (NOT SIGNATURE) matches, please remember the substitution procedures:
- Games are played in QUARTERS
- Substitutions are ONLY allowed at the quarter break (except for injury, yellow card, etc.)
- Time STOPS – you have 90 minutes for a 50 minute game. Don’t take the time away from them.
- It’s a quarter “break” – not a miniature halftime. Keep it to 2 minutes or less.
- All players must play at least THREE quarters.
- You should mark the players sitting out each quarter on the game card to make sure nobody sits out more than one quarter. That’s why there are boxes for each quarter next to the player’s name on the game card.
2) Coaches need to Sign the Game Cards
- Sometimes coaches question the score later, but not their initials on the game card. Make sure they sign it at the end of the game.
3) Shout Outs to Ref Remme, Ref Burdges & Ref Kaden Grubb
- I received great feedback from coaches about their professionalism and patience with players. “As a coach I was very impressed and as a parent I was very touched.”
4) Monthly Meeting on Monday, 6:30 PM at Yorba Linda Community Center. Raffle for prizes!