Referees on 9am games should be ON THEIR ASSIGNED FIELD no later than 8:30am. This does not mean you pull into the parking lot at 8:40am and then slowly walk out to find the rest of your crew who already did all the pre-game work for you.
- Home team chooses which side to sit on and changes jersey colors if conflicting.
- Check-in for equipment only – no need to check player cards/medical releases.
- Perform a coin toss to determine sides/kick-off.
- Record scores on game card provided by coach. RETURN TO THE COACH as it’s used for the entire tournament.
STAY ON SCHEDULE
- Some refs are doing games on multiple fields, some at the same venue and some at multiple venues.
- Coaches may also have multiple teams.
- Keep the games on schedule so there are no issues that arise out of running late on start times.
- U9 – 20 minute halves (25 minute halves in Finals)
- U10 – 25 minute halves
- U11 – 25 minute halves (30 minute halves in Finals)
- U12 – 25 minute halves (30 minute halves in Finals)
- U13 – 30 minute halves (35 minute halves in Finals)
- U14 – 35 minute halves (including the B2006 teams combined with B2005)
- U15 – 35 minute halves
- No extra time – straight to Kicks in Finals.
- Unlimited substitutions at any stoppage
- Build-out lines in use for 7v7 games
- No heading in U11 and under.
- Heading allowed in U12 and above
- No requirement to sub out on a caution
- No hard casts (even wrapped in bubble wrap),
- All players must play 50% of the game.